Friday, February 28, 2014

Buttery Chocolatey Toffee-y Goodness!

I love to bake.  There is something about baking which makes me feel all warm and squishy inside.  I love to making goodies for my family and friends, co-workers, teachers, the marching band, the bake sale...if you ask me to bake something for somebody, chances are good that I'll say yes.  


So I am so excited to share this recipe that I tried out tonight.  So so so deliciously yummy and perfect in so many ways!  It's super-easy to make, and is so buttery, chocolatey, toffee-y, rich, crunchy, gooey, comforting, mouth-wateringly amaze-balls that you will think you died and went to heaven.  Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookie Bars

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease a 9x13" pan (I sprayed with cooking spray).

Using a wooden spoon, stir together butter and sugars until light and fluffy; mix in vanilla and egg and stir until smooth.  Combine dry ingredients and stir into butter mixture.  Dough will be thick - I mixed it a bit with my hands to make sure it was all blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits, and spread dough evenly into pan with your hands.  

Bake for 20 minutes; cool on wire rack.  Cut into bars when completely cool.  Makes 24-36 depending on how big you want them.  Mmmmmmmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment